Information, advice and guidance to help support bereaved children and young people and those facing the death of a loved one. We support families across Surrey, West Sussex and surrounding areas.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
We are no longer living in lockdown however, with the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we are still in a period of anxiety for everyone, but especially for children and young people. Please know that Jigsaw (South East) is here and we will do our best to support all who need it and to answer any queries you may have.
Following updated Government guidance, some of our services are being delivered face-to-face outside, in a COVID-secure, socially distanced environment. However, the rest of our services will continue to be delivered online and by telephone, email or text, until it is safe to do otherwise.
- Referrals can be made over the phone or by email – please call us on 01342 313895 if you need support or advice. Our dedicated Helpline is staffed between 9am and 12pm weekdays. *Outside of those hours please leave a message or use the contact form and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Alternatively you can email us at: email@example.com
If you are finding it difficult to talk with your children around, please use our Contact Us page and let us know when and how it’s best to communicate with you; phone, email, text etc. We’ll try our best to respond when it is most convenient.
View our current Preparing for Loss service HERE.
View our current Grief support service HERE.
This webpage will be updated regularly. You can also view information on our social media channels – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Our handle for all social media is: @jigsawsoutheast.
If you want to donate to support us click below:
- The NSPCC has created an online Hub providing advice and support for parents and carers during the coronavirus outbreak. Content includes: information on keeping children safe from abuse; tips and advice to help parents working from home; and ways to talk to a child who is anxious or worried about coronavirus. Visit the Hub: Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and support for parents and carers
- Read information about how to help someone bereaved during the coronavirus pandemic HERE.
- Watch a short film from Belfast Health and Social Care Trust about talking to your child about the death of a loved one in the context of COVID-19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnIYObmeAZE
- Childline – a free, private and confidential service where children and young people can talk about anything 0800 1111. Updated Service information here: bit.ly/2zYra67
- If you need advice on supporting young people’s mental health and wellbeing during this challenging period there is some very useful information at: www.youngminds.org.uk
- For up to date advice about Coronavirus/ Covid-19, please go to the NHS website: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Our best wishes to everyone,
The Team at Jigsaw (South East)
“Jigsaw was a life-saver for us - it equipped us with the tools we needed to cope with our grief and taught us how to communicate again.”
“Extremely positive feedback from colleagues about your services.”
“Jigsaw helped me a great deal after my sister died. I am very grateful for all their help, support and time. My life would have been very different without them.”
“Jigsaw has helped me learn it’s ok to be sad sometimes.”
“Thank you to you and your team for all your support over the last few months, it has been invaluable”
“The families I referred to Jigsaw tell me they just cannot praise it enough and that it has been so helpful and supportive.”
Our latest news
At the beginning of the pandemic, Rob Marsh - aka "SpeedQuizRob" - contacted our child…
Every 40 seconds someone dies by suicide. Today, 10th September, is World Suicide Prevention Day.…
In 2014, a week after her second son was born prematurely, Ceri Weston was diagnosed…
With so many of our fundraising opportunities cancelled this year, we are delighted to invite…
A year ago this week, three amazing cycling fundraisers went above and beyond for our…
From Mud Runs, to cake sales, Big Reveal window displays, and event volunteering, the amazing…
CHARITY DIRECTOR Permanent, Part-time To provide strategic direction by leading and further developing a quality…
Jigsaw (South East) is delighted to introduce our latest team members. Vanessa Ralph and Diane…