Information, advice and guidance to help support bereaved children and young people and those facing the death of a loved one. We support families across Surrey, parts of West Sussex, Kent and surrounding areas.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
At Jigsaw (South East) we are working hard to ensure we can support as many families as possible during the Coronavirus pandemic.
We are continuing to provide advice and guidance to bereaved families and those facing the loss of a loved one and are supporting children and young people online, by telephone, email or text until it is safe to do otherwise.
- Self-Referrals can be made online HERE.
- Please call us on 01342 313895 if you need support or advice. Our dedicated Helpline is staffed between 9 am and 12 pm weekdays. *Outside of those hours please leave a message or use the contact form and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
If you are finding it difficult to talk with your children around, please use our Contact Us page and let us know when and how it’s best to communicate with you; phone, email, text etc. We’ll try our best to respond when it is most convenient.
View our current Preparing for Loss service HERE.
View our current Grief support service HERE.
If you want to donate to support us click below:
- The NSPCC has created an online Hub providing advice and support for parents and carers during the coronavirus outbreak. Content includes information on keeping children safe from abuse; tips and advice to help parents working from home; and ways to talk to a child who is anxious or worried about coronavirus. Visit the Hub: Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and support for parents and carers
- Read information about how to help someone bereaved during the coronavirus pandemic here.
- Watch a short film from Belfast Health and Social Care Trust about talking to your child about the death of a loved one in the context of COVID-19.
- Childline – a free, private and confidential service where children and young people can talk about anything 0800 1111. Updated Service information here.
- If you need advice on supporting young people’s mental health and wellbeing during this challenging period there is some very useful information at www.youngminds.org.uk
- For up to date advice about Coronavirus/ Covid-19, please go to the NHS website.
Our best wishes to everyone,
The Team at Jigsaw (South East)
“Jigsaw was a life-saver for us - it equipped us with the tools we needed to cope with our grief and taught us how to communicate again.”
“Extremely positive feedback from colleagues about your services.”
“Jigsaw helped me a great deal after my sister died. I am very grateful for all their help, support and time. My life would have been very different without them.”
“Jigsaw has helped me learn it’s ok to be sad sometimes.”
“Thank you to you and your team for all your support over the last few months, it has been invaluable”
“The families I referred to Jigsaw tell me they just cannot praise it enough and that it has been so helpful and supportive.”
Our latest news
Talking to children about a family member who is unwell and not able to get…
"I feel very humbled by the support I have received. I feel amazing and am…
Working at Jigsaw (South East) We're passionate about ensuring that bereaved children and young people…
Today we're supporting the National Day of Reflection for everyone who's been bereaved in the…
How you tell your child a loved one is dying is the most difficult conversation…
We're recruiting a Communications Lead to join our dedicated team. The main purpose of the…
My mother died when I'd just turned 9-years-old. She dropped dead one Saturday afternoon in…