Information, advice and guidance to help support bereaved children and young people and those facing the loss of a loved one during the Coronavirus outbreak. We support families across Surrey, West Sussex and surrounding areas.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
With the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 we are in a period of heightened anxiety for everyone, but especially for children and young people. Please know that Jigsaw (South East) is here and we’ll do our best to support all who need it and to answer any queries you may have.
In response to the rapid developments and Government guidance, all of our services are being delivered on line and by telephone, email or text during the pandemic.
- Referrals are currently being taken over the phone or by email – please call us on 01342 313895 if you need support or advice. Our dedicated Helpline will be staffed between 9am and 12pm weekdays. *Outside of those hours please leave a message or use the contact form and we will respond as soon as possible.
- Alternatively you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are finding it difficult to talk with your children around, please use our Contact Us page and let us know when and how it’s best to communicate with you; phone, email, text etc. We’ll try our best to respond when it is most convenient.
View our current Preparing for Loss service HERE.
View our current Grief support service HERE.
This webpage will be updated regularly. You can also view information on our social media channels – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Our handle for all social media is: @jigsawsoutheast
- The NSPCC has created an online Hub providing advice and support for parents and carers during the coronavirus outbreak. Content includes: information on keeping children safe from abuse; tips and advice to help parents working from home; and ways to talk to a child who is anxious or worried about coronavirus. Visit the Hub: Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and support for parents and carers
- Read information about how to help someone bereaved during the coronavirus pandemic HERE.
- Watch a short film from Belfast Health and Social Care Trust about talking to your child about the death of a loved one in the context of COVID-19: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnIYObmeAZE
- Childline – a free, private and confidential service where children and young people can talk about anything 0800 1111. Updated Service information here: bit.ly/2zYra67
- If you need advice on supporting young people’s mental health and wellbeing during this challenging period there is some very useful information at: www.youngminds.org.uk
- For up to date advice about Coronavirus/ Covid-19, please go to the NHS website: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Our best wishes to everyone through this difficult time,
The Team at Jigsaw (South East)
“Jigsaw was a life-saver for us - it equipped us with the tools we needed to cope with our grief and taught us how to communicate again.”
“Extremely positive feedback from colleagues about your services.”
“Jigsaw helped me a great deal after my sister died. I am very grateful for all their help, support and time. My life would have been very different without them.”
“Jigsaw has helped me learn it’s ok to be sad sometimes.”
“Thank you to you and your team for all your support over the last few months, it has been invaluable”
“The families I referred to Jigsaw tell me they just cannot praise it enough and that it has been so helpful and supportive.”
Our latest news
A Surrey headteacher has shaved off his hair and raised more than £2500 for a…
From holding newts, eating cold vegetables and standing in baked beans, the children and staff…
We need to talk more about dying, death and bereavement. That's the message of this…
"The Covid-19 pandemic has sadly meant that even more families need our service. It is…
A marathon effort by Doug Bewley has seen him complete eight 26.2 mile treadmill runs…
“I won’t lie, this is getting harder and harder. I’m not a regular runner, haven’t…
We asked you to help our child bereavement charity start to fill the deep hole…
If you know someone who has been bereaved at this time they need your help.…