skip to Main Content


‘The group made me realise how much my Mum’s death had affected me and it helped a lot that I’m not the only one going through it and everything will be okay’

‘It was the first time I felt able to talk about the painful memories’

  • £10 will purchase the salt for each child to create a ‘salt jar’ in memory of their loved one
  • £10 will pay for a ‘memory book’ for the young person
  • £10 will cover the cost of the achievement certificates for the children and young people
  • £15 will pay for the paint the children use to express themselves in the weekly groups and weekend
  • £30 will cover the cost of the memory boxes for each child on the weekly groups
  • £40 will cover the cost of the candles for the ‘candlelight ceremony’ at the family weekend
  • £50 will cover the cost of the balloons and gas for the ‘balloon release’ at the family weekend
  • £150-200 will pay for the teddy bears that each child receives at the ‘closing ceremony’ on the last evening of the groups
  • £250 will pay for food and refreshments for the family groups
  • £1,000 will pay for one family to go through a 6-week grief support group.

‘I realised I could be creative and think of many ways to express my grief’

‘If I’m sad I look in my memory jar’

‘I don’t feel alone in our situation anymore, we’ve made friends with other families and plan to stay in touch’

What is Gift Aid?

When you make a donation to a charity, they are able to claim back the tax that you have paid on the donation. This mechanism is called Gift Aid and amounts to an extra 25 pence for every £1 that you give.

You must be a UK taxpayer for your donation to qualify for Gift Aid. You must have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the current tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that the charity you donate to will reclaim on your gifts for the current tax year. This enables us to reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that you have given.

What do I have to do?

You will need to inform the charity that you are a UK taxpayer and you would like them to reclaim the tax on your donation. You can do this by making a Gift Aid declaration, by filling in our Gift Aid declaration form.

For more information click (

Back To Top